Business Briefs - 100+ Topics
- SCORE Business Briefs - SCORE offers 100+ document briefs covering topics like starting a small business, business incorporation, financial issues, marketing & advertising, taxes, technology and etc.
Dayton Area and U.S. Govt Websites (WPAFB, etc.)
- City of Dayton - The Office of Economic Development takes a practical approach to attract business to Dayton and keep them here.
- Dayton Public Library - Workshops, Seminars, and General Business Information
- Business Plans - examples and preparation assistance.
- Credit Report - This central site allows you to request a free credit file disclosure, commonly called a credit report, once every 12 months from each of the nationwide consumer credit reporting companies: Equifax, Experian and Transunion.
- Information on Incorporating from the Company Corporation
- Key Bank - In the Solutions Center, click on Tools and Resources, then click on Interactive Tools and Worksheets to access financial statements.
- What is NEXUS? Sales tax associated with out-of-state sales.
Ohio Government Websites
- Ohio Dept. of Taxation - Sales Taxes, Withholding
- Ohio Secretary of State Business Services - Search for a business name, Filing forms and Fee schedule
- Ohio Small Business - 1st Stop Business Connection
U.S. Government Websites
- Bureau of Consumer Protection - Business Center
- Federal Trade Commission - FTC process for filing a complaint against a business
- Federal Trade Commission - Identity Theft: What to Do Right Away.
- IRS Industry/Professional provides tax information for targeted industries and professions.
- IRS Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center gives access to tax information useful to small businesses with assets of $10 million or less.
- IRS Video Portal contains video and audio presentations on topics of interest to small businesses, individuals and tax professionals. You will find video clips of tax topics, and archived versions of live panel discussions,
- National Do Not Call Registry - The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology has a department for technology which is responsible for advancing the state-of-the-art in IT in such applications as cyber security and biometrics.
- Online Safety and Security - Avoid scams, secure your computer, and other safety and security tips
- Small Business Taxes - The Virtual Workshop contains nine interactive lessons designed to help new small business owners learn their tax rights and responsibilities.
- U.S. Census Bureau - Demographics, Economics Census
- U.S. Copyright forms and registration
- U.S. Dept. of Labor - Wage and Hour Standards
As a service to our clients, the Dayton Chapter of SCORE provides links from its website to other sites. The Chapter is not responsible for the content of these external sites, and the inclusion of a link to any site does not constitute endorsement of that site by the Chapter or its membership.