Small businesses can receive free business training from Dayton SCORE in partnership with the Small Business Administration (SBA). These workshops are designed to provide information and contact resources to both beginning and continuing businesses in the Dayton and surrounding area. All workshops are presented by local professionals including attorneys, accountants, marketers, bankers, etc.
This year's Small Business Development Series is sponsored by Day Air Credit Union.
NOTE: Training session registration will begin 45-days before the scheduled event date.
- March 14 - "Resource Network and Services Available” will provide a top level summary of information and services from a number or agencies and organizations where help is available for small business. (Complete)
- April 11 - "Legal, Accounting, and Tax Requirements for a Small Business” will provide a group of experts in these disciplines who will discuss the requirement and provide contacts to acquire these services. (Complete)
- May 9 - "Building Bank Relationships/Access to Capital” will provide experts from federal, state, and local entities to discuss opportunities for small business funding. Credit scores and other requirements will be examined. (Complete)
- June 13 - "Money Management and Alternative Funding” will provide experts from Banks, Credit unions, and non-standard funding sources which provide alternate sources of capital at varying levels of expense. (Complete)
- July 11 - "Marketing Tips” will discuss the methods and venues to market a small business available in today’s environment. (Complete)
- Aug 8 - "E-presence Considerations and Security” will discuss the method to set up and manage social media marketing. It is almost a requirement for businesses today to have an online presence. How can you establish the best web presence while maintaining the security of your records? Those questions and more will be answered in this interactive session. Owners of Edge Webware, Jerritte and Lisa Couture will discuss web design, usability and sales online. Owner of IT2 Resource Kris Fenton will discuss cyber security considerations and safeguards every business should have in place for the security and safety of their consumers.(Complete)
- September 12 - "Procurement Opportunities and Certification” will deal with the methods and requirement a small business must utilize to provide services to federal, state, and local government entities. REGISTER -->