Small businesses can receive free business training from Dayton SCORE in partnership with the Small Business Administration (SBA). These workshops are designed to provide information and contact resources to both beginning and continuing businesses in the Dayton and surrounding area. All workshops are presented by local professionals including attorneys, accountants, marketers, bankers, etc. This year's Small Business Development Series is sponsored by Day Air Credit Union.
NOTE: Training session registration will begin 45-days before the scheduled event date.
- March 14 - "Introduction to Services Available” will provide a top level summary of information and services from a number or agencies and organizations where help is available for small business. REGISTER -->
- April 11 - "Legal, Accounting, and Tax Requirements for a Small Business” will provide a group of experts in these disciplines who will discuss the requirement and provide contacts to acquire these services.
- TBD- "Access to Capital - Part 1” will provide experts from federal, state, and local entities to discuss opportunities for small business funding. Credit scores and other requirements will be examined.
- TBD - "Access to Capital - Part 2” will provide experts from Banks, Credit unions, and non-standard funding sources which provide alternate sources of capital at varying levels of expense.
- TBD - "Marketing” will discuss the methods and venues to market a small business available in today’s environment.
- TBD - "E-presence Setup and Management and Cyber Security” will discuss the method to set up and manage social media marketing. Cyber security will deal with the responsibility inherent in using social media.
- TBD - "How to Do Business with the Government” will deal with the methods and requirement a small business must utilize to provide services to federal, state, and local government entities.