Nonprofit Training Sessions
Our training sessions focus on smaller nonprofit organizations to improve their performance and build their capacity.
Dayton SCORE’s Nonprofit Workshop Series Spring 2022:
Dayton SCORE provides mentoring and workshops to nonprofit organizations and charities by volunteers experienced in working as board members and executives in nonprofit organizations. VIDEO --- TESTIMONIAL >>>
These workshops will be presented in person by our local team of experts in subject areas specific to nonprofit organizations. The workshops are interactive and there will be time for questions during and after the presentations. All workshops will be held at the Presidential/Kohler Banquet Center in Kettering. After the 10am session, lunch will be provided during a networking session from approximately noon to 1pm.
NOTE: Registration for the remaining four workshops will begin 45-days prior to the event.
- Strategic Planning ... Friday, April 8, 10am ...How to pivot your Strategic Planning after a Pandemic - Steps in the S.O.A.R. strategic planning process with examples of each step. (Complete)
- Board Development ... Friday, April 22, 10am ..Characteristics of high performance boards, structure, membership and effective processes. (Complete)
- Leadership Development ... Friday, April 22, 1pm .. Practical leadership principles for Directors and Board chairmen that can be implemented immediately. (Complete)
- Marketing/Google Ad Grants ... Friday, April 29, 10am ..Adapting your marketing program to post-COVID. (Complete)
- Fundraising ... Friday, April 29, 1pm ...Annual giving, major giving, planned giving and the ethical and legal requirements. (Complete)
- Financial Management (Part 1) ...Friday, May 13, 10am .. Back office functions of accounting/bookkeeping systems to monitor performance and comply with IRS requirements. Workshop Registration
- Financial Management (Part 2) ...Friday, May 13, 1pm .. Explains the relationship between Balance Sheets and Income statements. It will also relate these financial statements to the Strategic Plan, and how to use them to make business decisions. Workshop Registration
- Volunteer Management ... (Part 1) ...Friday, May 20, 10am ..How to develop trust, credibility and accountability, and define the role of volunteer staff. Workshop Registration
- Volunteer Management ... (Part 2) ...Friday, May 20, 1 pm .. This workshop introduces nonprofit leaders to free tools to attract and motivate volunteers. In the only program of its kind in Dayton, SCORE mentors provide training on SPECIFIC digital tools to more effectively manage volunteers. Workshop Registration
All Nonprofit workshops are sponsored by the Wright-Patt Credit Union.
Clients Say: “Valuable overview in how to connect with donors, sponsors and clients in online communities.” Leslie Marsh, Hannah’s Treasure Chest on The Social Media Marketing Workshop
No results found, click here to start a new search.