Non-Profit Training Sessions
Our training sessions focus on smaller non-profit organizations to improve their performance and build their capacity.
The non-profit training workshop series is held twice per year spring and fall. These workshops are led by local experts and Dayton SCORE volunteers. Also, Dayton SCORE provides free mentoring to non-profit organizations and charities by volunteers experienced in working as board members and executives in non-profit organizations.
The Fall 2018 Non-Profit series focuses on topics that our research has shown to be of critical importance to non-profits. These workshops begin at 10:00 AM are FREE and include a lunch (12:00 - 1:00 PM) that affords the opportunity for networking. Fall Workshop registration will begin in August.
- September 6 - "Strategic Planning” defines the concept of strategic planning for a non-profit organization, indicates its benefits, explains when it is appropriate to develop a strategic plan, and, in considerable detail, describes the strategic planning process. REGISTER >>>
VIDEO --- TESTIMONIAL >>>
- September 19 - “Board Development ” details the characteristics of high performance boards, and discusses appropriate board structure, membership and processes. REGISTER >>>
- October 4 - “Fundraising” addresses in detail the important fundamentals of the fundraising function of a non-profit organization. REGISTER >>>
- October 18 - “Marketing” addresses the basics of non-profit marketing. It discusses tools for listening to clients, donors and volunteers to shape how to set your mission and design your services.REGISTER >>>
- November 1 - “Volunteer Management ”addresses the importance of understanding volunteers’ motivation to serve in order to be successful in recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- November 8 - “Financial Management ” demonstrates the importance of focusing on the basic disciplines of financial management, accounting/bookkeeping, and organizational management.
No results found, click here to start a new search.