The non-profit training workshop series is held twice per year spring and fall. These workshops are led by local experts and Dayton SCORE volunteers. Also, Dayton SCORE provides free mentoring to non-profit organizations and charities by volunteers experienced in working as board members and executives in non-profit organizations.
The Spring Non-Profit series focuses on topics that our research has shown to be of critical importance to non-profits. These workshops begin at 10:00 AM are FREE and include a lunch (12:00 - 1:00 PM) that affords the opportunity for networking.
- Apr 6 (Complete) "Strategic Planning” defines the concept of strategic planning for a non-profit organization, indicates its benefits, explains when it is appropriate to develop a strategic plan, and, in considerable detail, describes the strategic planning process.
- Apr 27 (Complete) “Financial Management ” demonstrates the importance of focusing on the basic disciplines of financial management, accounting/bookkeeping, and organizational management.
- May 11 (Complete) “Marketing” addresses the basics of non-profit marketing. It discusses tools for listening to clients, donors and volunteers to shape how to set your mission and design your services.
- May 24 (Complete) “Board Development” details the characteristics of high performance boards, and discusses appropriate board structure, membership and processes.
- Jun 8 (Complete) “Volunteer Management” addresses the importance of understanding volunteers’ motivation to serve in order to be successful in recruiting and retaining volunteers.
- Jun 22 (Complete) “Fundraising” addresses in detail the important fundamentals of the fundraising function of a non-profit organization.
- Jun 29 Information “Social Media Marketing - 2017” will consist of presentations on Social Media Marketing followed by a one hour question and answer session with our expert panel.